The TC9 aims:
- To develop understanding of how ICT innovation is associated with change in society;
- To influence the shaping of socially responsible and ethical policies and professional practices.
The TC9 fosters multidisciplinary discourse into:
- The role of ICT in the change of particular domains of human activity, including work; the home and private life; governance.
- Ethical, political, economic and cultural dimensions of ICT innovation.
- Issues stemming from ICT innovation, such as gender, the phenomenon of virtuality, sustainable development.